Thanksgiving Weekend in Whistler
Posted: Thursday, September 29, 2011
Canadian Thanksgiving is just around the corner and falls on October 10th this year. There are lots of events happening in Whistler over the Thanksgiving weekend, so bring your family and friends and join in the fun!
Friday October 7th
- This is the last weekend for the Whistler Mountain Bike Park which is open daily until October 10th from 10am to 5pm. Rentals for bikes and gear are available throughout the Village. The park is awesome and there is something to suit all abilities levels. Give it a try!
- This is also the last weekend for sightseeing on the amazing Peak to Peak Gondola. The gondola is open daily until October 10th from 10am to 5pm. Visit the tops of the mountains, enjoy the view and have some lunch.
- The legendary Whistler/Blackcomb Turkey Sale and SWAP starts today! This sale takes place in the Blackcomb Day Lodge in the Upper Village. Shop for top name ski and snowboard equipment and clothing at huge pre-season savings. In the tent outside you will find the SWAP sale. This is where you can buy and sell quality pre-owned ski and snowboard equipment. The sale opens at 12 noon for locals, season pass holders and Edge card holders.
Saturday October 8th
- It's Day 2 of the annual Whistler/Blackcomb Turkey Sale and SWAP. Get there early for the best deals! The sale is open from 9am to 6pm. Make sure you check out the other stores in the Village who will also be having sales over the weekend.
- Children's entertainers Bobs and Lolo will be performing at 11am at the Whistler Olympic Plaza. They are dedicated to connecting kids to the natural world with music, movement and make-believe. Tickets are required and are available to purchase online. Tickets are $10 for children 2 years and over and adults are free.
- At 3pm will be a free event for the adults at the Whistler Olympic Plaza! Watch Animal Nation - a home-grown Whistler Hip hop / Indie / Alternative band.
- Wassabi Collective who will be on the stage at 4.15pm. Wassabi Collective are a spicy five-piece from the town of Nelson, B.C. The band's sound fuses everything from pop, rock, hip hop, roots reggae, funk, jazz and everything in between.
Sunday October 9th
- Day 3 of the Turkey Sale and SWAP at the Blackcomb Day Lodge at the base of Blackcomb Mountain.
- Don't forget to visit the last Whistler Farmers Market of the season which takes place in the Upper Village stroll from 11am to 4pm. Buy fresh local produce for your Thanksgiving Dinner pumpkin pie for dessert.
- Popular musical television duo Bob and Lolo will be performing at 11am at the Whistler Olympic Plaza. This is a ticketed event and it is recommended to purchase tickets in advance online. Tickets are $10 per child and adults are free when accompanying children. The gates will be opening at 10:30 AM. This is an outdoor venue, so remember to dress warmly!
- In the afternoon the Hellbound Hepcats will be on the stage at the Whistler Olympic Plaza at 3 PM. They are a Montreal-based trio known for their hip-shaking rhythm. This is a free performance.
- Whistler's own Five Alarm Funk will be hitting the stage at 4.15pm. These 10 musicians are a must-see. This is also a free concert.
Monday October 10th
- It's Thanksgiving Monday and also the final day of the Whistler/Blackcomb Turkey Sale and SWAP.Buy all your winter gear and equipment at great pre-season savings.
Visit Whistler and enjoy a beautiful fall long weekend filled with shopping, activities, great restaurants and live entertainment.
Are you looking for Whistler hotel accommodation for the Thanksgiving Weekend?
The Whistler Holiday Inn is located in the heart of Whistler Village, offering a convenient location for all the activities in Whistler. View our hotel specials for the best rate! Please contact our reservation staff who can help you plan your Whistler vacation.